The Tactical Guide to Women: How Men Can Manage Risk in Dating and Marriage
For men, love is a high-stakes gamble. The right woman can be the best part of a man’s life, and the wrong one can lead to personal and financial ruin. In today’s climate, no man should venture into romance without a reliable risk-management strategy.
The Tactical Guide to Women delivers a solid plan for allowing the right women into your life, and keeping the wrong ones at a safe distance. You’ll discover how to:
- Identify good women of low drama and high character
- Reduce your vulnerability to women who seem perfect for you—but aren’t
- Spot the early warning signs of emotional instability
You’ll also learn:
- Critical techniques for seeing women clearly
- The most common mistakes that lead men into disastrous relationships
- How to reduce the odds of a good relationship going bad
Impeccably researched and backed by the author’s decade of clinical experience, The Tactical Guide to Women provides men with desperately needed, rarely discussed strategies for finding sanity, joy, and companionship. This is not another book about getting laid. This book is about not getting screwed.
If you came here for the references to accompany the audiobook, click here for the PDF.
The Practical Guide to Men: How To Spot the Hidden Traits of Good Men and Great Relationships
Good men are everywhere, and they are searching for terrific women. So why are they hard to find? And why do so many women make life-altering mistakes by choosing the wrong men?
The answer is distressingly simple. Good men don’t always know how to attract women, and women don’t always recognize good men.
But don’t despair! The Practical Guide to Men holds time-tested wisdom for spotting good men who are searching for great relationships. You’ll discover…
- The three pillars of a good man. Men of character possess these basic traits.
- The twelve-point man inspection. These questions will help you evaluate his relationship readiness.
- Ten self-deceptions that lead to costly relationship errors. Find out how to avoid common mistakes women make when choosing men.
The Practical Guide to Men is a celebration of romance, and it’s the perfect guide to finding love in these complex times.
The Woman’s Guide to How Men Think: Love, Commitment, and the Male Mind
Men are like the ocean… deeper than they look and easy to misread. The Woman’s Guide to How Men Think bridges the gulf between the sexes by explaining how men see the world, and how they view the women in their lives. You’ll discover…
- The most important thing to men, and how it affects romance
- Why men change after they commit to a woman
- The most damaging mistake women can make with men
- How to help a man open up
- Strategies for handling the most common misunderstandings
You’ll also learn why men often feel frustrated and criticized by their partners, how to deal with male silence without putting men on the defensive, and how some of the most frustrating male traits may actually be thoughtful—but misunderstood—attempts at problem-solving.
Surviving Aggressive People: Practical Violence Prevention Skills for the Workplace and the Street
Whether an aggressor is a seasoned predator or an irate individual, hostility is almost always preceded by warning signs–if we know what to look for. Surviving Aggressive People dissects the psychology of aggression. It exposes the subtle cues of impending violence and offers timeless methods for transforming a potential disaster into a peaceful victory. Using time-tested methods for conflict management and crisis intervention, this book offers persuasion and peacemaking skills that historically have been reserved for law enforcement, psychologists, and other professionals working the front lines of emotionally charged situations. In today’s world, these skills are a must for everyone. Newly updated, with a special appendix for healthcare workers, the enduring knowledge in Surviving Aggressive People can help deter hostility before it spins out of control. It might even save your life.
The User’s Guide to the Human Mind: Why Our Brains Make Us Unhappy, Anxious, and Neurotic and What We Can Do about It
Your mind is not built to make you happy; it’s built to help you survive. So far, it’s done a great job! But in the process, it may have developed some bad habits, like avoiding new experiences or scrounging around for problems where none exist. Is it any wonder that worry, bad moods, and self-critical thoughts so often get in the way of enjoying life?
Based in acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), The User’s Guide to the Human Mind is a road map to the puzzling inner workings of the human mind, replete with exercises for overriding the mind’s natural impulses toward worry, self-criticism, and fear, and helpful tips for acting in the service of your values and emotional well-being—even when your mind has other plans.
- Find out how your mind tries to limit your behavior and your potential
- Discover how pessimism functions as your mind’s error management system
- Learn why you shouldn’t believe everything you think
- Overrule your thoughts and feelings and take charge of your mind and your life